Monday 10 March 2008

Plantagenet Family Tree

One or two of you are struggling to follow the relationships, and I don't wonder. So I am providing a few online resources that may help.

There's a PDF family tree here that I think is quite cool. At least it shows Constance which is more than some of them do.

There's another on Wiki here

If nothing else, these should point out the extreme thinness of Henry VII's claim to the throne!

If you would like some more meaty reading online, I suggest a look at Michael Miller's Wars of the Roses. I don't necessarily agree with all his conclusions, but as a convenient starting point for the era, it cannot be bettered. If you want to know how the kingdom's finances worked, or what a Great Council was about, the appendixes are well worth a look.

2 comments:

Joansz said...

Brian,

Thank you so much for posting this link. I've printed the tree and stuck it on the cork board over my desk.

Joan

Brian Wainwright said...

It's better than nothing, Joan.